What is a Côte Babe? You've seen our babes all over social media and our website! But who are they? We're sharing today what values our babes love the most and giving you tips on how to live a more sustainable life, stay balanced, and bring some fierce style into your busy life!
But before we get into that, we have to feature one of our favorite downtown Morehead City spots! If you've never been to Ginny Gordon's on the 10th block of Arendell, part of the 11th Street Collective, stop what you're doing and go now! Seriously, she's got the prettiest kitchen pieces that will light up your world. Walking into this kitchen wonderland, we knew their aesthetic fit the Côte style perfectly. So we are taking you into the life of the Côte babe and what she values most. Featured babe, Erica, is wearing our Untamed Hearts chambray two piece set featuring roomy flared bottoms and a tied crop top.
The Environment - Living at the beach is synonymous (or should be) to taking care of the environment and conserving our oceans, and we've got tips on how you can make your life more sustainable by reducing your plastic waste!
- Invest in a reusable glass or stainless steel water bottle! There are water fountains everywhere nowadays so you will never have to go thirsty. Plus if you get a stylish Swell bottle like the ones here, it makes the perfect Instagram worthy accessory!
- Skip the plastic grocery bags by getting reusable bags (like the one pictured from Ginny Gordon's), or cloth bags from your local grocer! Think of how many times we go to the grocery store per week. If you're going multiple times, using 3-4 bags each time, that's over 300 bags per year! Plus you don't have to worry about keeping a junk drawer of plastic bags that you'll never actually use again...
- Recycle, recycle, recycle. Check with your town's waste service and find out which products you can recycle and which you can't. Make a conscious effort to cut down on single use plastics and recycle what you can! At Côte, we use pre-recycled tissue paper, bags, and boxes for all of our retail and shipping needs. You can always keep these and reuse for gifts!
Healthy Living - Being all about balance, we LOVE to indulge in delicious baked treats but also know the importance of cooking a healthy meal at home from one of our favorite cookbooks! We know on days that we are sitting and working from home, cooking is very important to balance out our lack of movement/exercise that day. However, on days that begin with yoga, a run, or long walk on the beach, we know that extra piece of chocolate won't be too bad, right?! We've got some kitchen items you can find at Ginny Gordon's that are essential in cooking a healthy meal at home.
- A Vegetable Spiralizer - if you have never made zoodles, you're in for a TREAT! This amazing product will make noodles out of just about any vegetable as a healthy alternative to pasta noodles. We've made noodles from zucchini, yellow squash, sweet potato, carrots, the options are endless! Mix up a zesty asian sauce using Tahini, Soy Sauce, Tobasco, Peanut Oil, and you've got a delicious healthy meal!
- The Berndes Spatula is Ginny Gordon's number one selling product, and we know why! It is the BEST spatula that you will ever own (currently sporting 3 in my kitchen). So when you're flipping veggie burgers, stirring up chicken stir fry, or indulging in chocolate chip pancakes, your guests will be wondering how you got them to turn out so pretty... it's all in the spatula babes..
Style - Côte's style brings designs from the West Coast to the beaches of North Carolina. Here's some tips on how to get perfect style for your everyday life:
- Juxtapose modern cuts with relaxed styles. Our Untamed Hearts two piece for instance, has that modern high neck cut crop top paired with roomy flare chambray pants to cultivate that easy beach lifestyle while also looking fierce!
- Style modern pieces with your own vintage attire. Every Côte babe has that old vintage tee in her drawer, how perfect would that Tee be with our Untamed Hearts chambray pant. our distressed Skinny Love Mini Skirt, or our paper bag waist Afton Short! Mixing different pieces from your wardrobe can make them feel like new again and help you feel refreshed! You know those old jean cut offs that you can never seem to throw out? Mix those with a basic tank like our Peace Seeker tank for a casual Saturday or dress them up with a trendy top for Sunday brunch like our Mallory Gingham tank or Havana Pineapple tee!
Speaking of sustainable living and keeping our oceans clean, we are hosting a Beach Clean Up with Lookout Ford on Sunday, July 8 in Atlantic Beach! We are so excited and we need everyone's help to clean up after a crazy July 4 weekend! Meet in the sand in front of the circle at 10am and we will go until 2pm! We will have lots of vendors out helping and giving away freebies!! See you babes there.
Until next time babes.
Abby & AndieContinue reading